Information About The Law Garage
- Alison Craig & Brian Eberdt: “You give the police an inch and they’re always going to take a mile"
In today’s Law Garage, guests Brian and Alison discuss the best ways to learn in the field as a young lawyer, how they got involved in criminal law, and fond memories of their early days of practice, particularly pre-zoom days. This podcast features an in-depth discussion of the Alan Smith documenta … Read more »
- Vanessa MacDonnell & Leo Russomanno: "What you need to learn about the rules is how they affect the people who are subject to them”
In today’s Law Garage, guests Leo and Vanessa discuss the intersection between constitutional and criminal law, with specific reference to the changes in the law Read more »
- Sia Pashang and Dr. Soheila Pashang: "The gladiator, like Justice Strathy said, has emotions"
In today’s Law Garage, guests Sia and Soheila discuss the stresses experienced by litigators and the importance of taking care of your mental health in the profession. Sia, an experienced litigator, speaks to the common perceptions and characteristics associated with lawyers and the effect this can … Read more »
- Royland Moriah and Monte MacGregor: "We're always working against our financial best interests"
In today’s Law Garage, guests Royland and Monte speak to everything from how the practice of law has changed with technology, the pressures of the profession, advice for young lawyers, and how to disconnect in this profession. Read more »
- Rebecca McConchie and Lindsay Board: "In terms of JJ, I felt disappointed but also invigorated in the sense that I was thinking 'okay, well what next?'"
In today’s Law Garage, guests Lindsay and Rebecca discuss the recent decision released by the Supreme Court of Canada, R. v. J.J., and the uncertainy the decision brings into the law. They discuss their fears of how this decision may bleed into other areas of criminal law.Read more »