Information About Appointed Podcast
- A Conversation with Sheila Regehr: The Economic and Moral Case for a Guaranteed Livable Income
More information about this episode’s guest, Sheila Regehr (as seen here, on Basic Income Canada Network): Sheila is a founding member of the Basic Income Canada Network and former Executive Director of the National Council of Welfare. Her 29 years of federal public service spanned front-line work, … Read more »
- A Conversation with Professor Martha Jackman: "Poverty is a Human Rights Violation"
Click here to access Professor Martha Jackman’s biography on the University of Ottawa website.Click here to access Professor Martha Jackman’s CV as of 2020.For more information on the social and economic rights, visit the following selected works by Professor Martha Jackman:Martha Jackman, “What’s W … Read more »
- A Conversation with Professor Sylvia Rich: Corporate Crime and Deferred Prosecution Agreements
Learn more about Professor Sylvia Rich here.Additional readings & ressourcesClick here to access the private bill Senator Pate introduced relating to Mandatory Minimum Penalties (S-207).Click here to access the fact sheet on Mandatory Minimums introduced by Senator Pate.Sylvia Rich (2016). Corporate … Read more »
- A Conversation with Dr. Peter Graefe: What we can learn from the McMaster University study "Assessing the Impact of COVID-19 on Ontario Workers, Workplaces and Families"
Additional reading & resources: Dr. Forget’s book: “Basic Income for Canadians: The key to a healthier, happier, more secure life for allClick here to access the Parliamentary Budget Officer’s “Costing a Guaranteed Basic Income During the COVID Pandemic” report.Click here to access the Parliamentar … Read more »
- The Wish List Series: A Conversation with Professor Justin Piché
Selected Publications by Professor PichéMussell, Linda, Kevin Walby and Justin Piché, ‘Can you make it out alive?’ Penal Imaginaries at Forts, Sanitaria, Asylums, and Segregated Schools, Qualitative Criminology, Volume Online First (April 2021) https://www.qualitativecriminology.com/pub/1bk9q4t1/rel … Read more »