Information About Oshawa Criminal Defence Lawyer Blog
Below is a preview of the five most recent posts from the blog Oshawa Criminal Defence Lawyer Blog. To read these posts in their entirely or subscribe to future updates from this blog, please visit their website!
- Supreme Court Rules that 18 Month Time Limits Also Apply to Youth Cases
The highest court in Canada has ruled that the 18-month time limit required to bring an accused individual to justice, Read More Source … Read more »
- Is the Bail System Too Lenient on Gun Crimes?
The right not to be detained before trial is fundamental in the Canadian justice system and is a guaranteed right Read More Source … Read more »
- Man Sentenced to 6 Years in Prison for Impaired Operation of Canoe
Last summer, David Sillars (“Sillars”), became the first Canadian to be convicted of impaired driving charges while paddling a canoe. Read More Source … Read more »
- More Than 300 Charges Laid in Human Trafficking Investigation ‘Project Convalesce’
Earlier this month, York Regional Police laid more than 300 charges and arrested 31 people as part of “Project Convalesce”, Read More Source … Read more »
- Supreme Court Rules that Offender Has the Right to Lesser of Two Penalties Available at the Time of Commission of the Offence or Sentencing
In a recent ruling by the Supreme Court of Canada, the Court determined that a convicted individual is entitled to Read More Source … Read more »