Information About Hum Law Firm: Canadian Employment Law Blog
Below is a preview of the five most recent posts from the blog Hum Law Firm: Canadian Employment Law Blog. To read these posts in their entirely or subscribe to future updates from this blog, please visit their website!
- In the Era of COVID, working from home is here to stay: Do you have a remote work policy in place?
As employers cautiously begin reopening workplaces in the face of continued COVID-19 variants, a new reality is starting to sink in. Work from home policies, or some sort of hybrid workplace policy, will cut down on expenses, keep employees happier with a flexible work environment, and, in some cas … Read more »
- Medical and Religious exemptions and how they can affect your mandatory COVID vaccination policy
Mandatory vaccination policies are a widely discussed topic among employers and employees alike as we look to further reopen the economy in the middle of a fourth wave. Employers have a duty to protect their employees and customers in the workplace. However, as we have previously discussed, improper … Read more »
- Covid-19 Vaccine Passports in the Workplace: Enforcement and Employer Responsibilities
Ontario recently announced that, as of September 22, 2021, patrons will be required to provide proof of vaccination, also known as a vaccine passport, to access certain businesses and settings. Vaccine passports are intended to protect employers and employees by requiring patrons to provide proof of … Read more »
- From mandatory COVID-19 vaccines to mask mandates: 6 things every employer needs to know
Workplaces are finally opening back up. As we breathe a collective sigh of relief, this next step also poses challenges for employers. We have put together some answers in response to frequently asked employer questions. #1: What happens when the mask mandate lifts in Ontario? Can I keep one in plac … Read more »
- Ontario Human Rights Commission policy statement on COVID-19 vaccine mandates and proof of vaccine certificates
On September 22, 2021, the Ontario Human Rights Commission (“OHRC”) released a policy statement on COVID-19 vaccines mandates and proof of vaccine certificates. Starting on September 22, 2021, Ontarians will need to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination and photo ID to access certain … Read more »