Information About Eloïse Gratton
- Canada adapting privacy laws to satisfy EU GDPR ‘adequacy’ test expected this year (PaRR Global, August 5, 2020)
- 6 questions à Me Gratton sur l’application Alerte COVID (Droit Inc, August 5, 2020)
- Canadian exposure notification application is out!
COVID Alert was released on July 31st. The app is meant to help us break the cycle of infection by letting people know of possible exposures before any symptoms appear. COVID Alert does not use GPS or track location information. I am delighted to be joining the COVID-19 Exposure Notification App Adv … Read more »
- “Schrems II”: Impacts on agreements involving processing personal data outside the EEA
On July 16, 2020, the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) issued its judgment in case C-311/18, Data Protection Commissioner v. Facebook Ireland Ltd and Maximillian Schrems (the Schrems II Decision). The judgment invalidates the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield adequacy decision from the European Co … Read more »
- Canadian Competition Bureau’s Facebook fine shows convergence on data privacy ( PaRR Global, July 15, 2020)