Information About Eloïse Gratton
- Class Actions in Privacy Law, Chapter 3 "Uncertainties and lessons learned from data protection laws", co-authored with Lauren Phizicky and edited by Ignacio N. Cofone, Taylor & Francis Group (an Informa business), 2020.
- OPC lays groundwork for a Canadian right to be forgotten in recent RateMDs privacy decision
On June 30, 2020, the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC) released its Report of Findings on the information handling practices of the operator of RateMDs.com, a popular review website that allows users to rate health professionals for the benefit of other patients (RateMDs). The deci … Read more »
- Eloïse Gratton and Andy Nagy , Digital Consent, Managing Privacy in a Connected World, Webinar Series(October 20, 2020)
- ICI RDI (Radio-Canada, Quelle est la responsabilité des médias sociaux?, October 15, 2020)
- Quebec privacy Bill 64: Summary of the public hearings
We have prepared a useful chart summarizing the special consultations and public hearings of the Committee on Institutions regarding Bill 64, An Act to modernize legislative provisions as regards the protection of personal information (“Bill 64”), which were held in September 2020. The schedule of t … Read more »