Information About BAX Securities Law Blog
Below is a preview of the five most recent posts from the blog BAX Securities Law Blog. To read these posts in their entirely or subscribe to future updates from this blog, please visit their website!
- Notice Of Ministerial Approval of National Instrument 45-110 Start-Up Crowdfunding Registration and Prospectus Exemptions
On September 23, 2021 the Ontario Minister of Finance recently approved National Instrument 45-110 Start-Up Crowdfunding Registration and Prospectus Exemptions (NI 45-110) and consequential amendments to other instruments (the Consequential Amendments). NI 45-110 provides harmonized national registr … Read more »
- Joint Canadian Securities Administrators/ Investment Regulatory Organization of Canada Staff Notice 21-330 Guidance for Crypto – Trading Platforms: requirements relating to Advertising, Marketing and Social media Use.
On September 23, 2021 the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) and the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) published a staff notice (Notice) concerning certain advertising activities and marketing strategies by platforms that trade crypto assets (Crypto- Trading Platfor … Read more »
- CSA Notice and request for Comment Proposed Amendments to 45-106 Prospectus Exemptions to introduce the Listed Issuer Financing Exemption
On July 28, 2021, the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) published, for comment, proposed amendments to National Instrument 45-106 Prospectus Exemptions (NI 45-106) to introduce a new prospectus exemption available to reporting issuers that are listed on a Canadian stock exchange (the Listed I … Read more »
- Canadian securities regulators publish final amendments to enhance protection of older and vulnerable clients
On July 15, 2021, the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) published final amendments of National Instrument 31-101 Registration Requirements, Exemptions and Ongoing Registration Obligations designed to improve protection of older and vulnerable clients across Canada. According to the CSA, the a … Read more »
- CSA Notice and Request for Comment: Proposed Changes to Companion Policy 41-101CP to National Instrument 41-101 General Prospectus Requirements Related to Financial Statement Requirements
On August 12, 2021, the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) are published for a 60-day comment period proposed changes (the Proposed Changes) National Instrument 41-101 General Prospectus Requirements (41-101CP) and its Companion Policy 41-101CP. The proposed changes will amend Form 41-101F1 I … Read more »