Information About BAX Securities Law Blog
Below is a preview of the five most recent posts from the blog BAX Securities Law Blog. To read these posts in their entirely or subscribe to future updates from this blog, please visit their website!
- CSA Staff Notice 51-356 Problematic Promotional Activities by Issuers
The Canadian Securities Administrators (“CSA”) has published CSA Staff Notice 51-356, Problematic Promotional Activities by Issuers (“CSA Staff Notice 51-356”). CSA staff have noted with concern instances by activities by some issuers that include questionable promotional or disclosure campaigns. … Read more »
- Death of QuadrigaCX CEO and Bankruptcy Leaves Almost $180 Million in Cryptocurrency Missing
The death of Canadian crypto exchange QuadrigaCX CEO Gerald Cotton in December 2018 and the platform’s subsequent filing for creditor protection under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA) on February 5th has left company officials struggling to locate roughly $180 million in missing crypt … Read more »
- New Canada Business Corporations Act Record-Keeping Requirements to Come into Effect June 13th, 2019
With the granting of Royal Assent to Bill C-86 Budget Implementation Act, 2018, No. 2 (Bill C-86) on December 13th, 2018 changes are in store for how corporations maintain their records under the Canada Business Corporations Act (CBCA). Division 6 of Part 4 of Bill C-86 (the Division) amends the CBC … Read more »
- BCSC Publishes BCN2019/01: Expiry of BC Instrument 32-517 Exemption from Dealer Registration Requirement for Trades in Securities of Mortgage Investment Entities and registration requirements for persons relying on BCI 32-517
The British Columbia Securities Commission (BCSC) has published a new policy publication, BCN2019/01: Expiry of BC Instrument 32-517 Exemption from Dealer Registration Requirement for Trades in Securities of Mortgage Investment Entities and registration requirements for persons relying on BCI 32-517 … Read more »
- FINTRAC Publishes New Suspicious Transactions Guidelines
The Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC), has published updated suspicious activity guidelines. FINTRAC is Canada’s financial intelligence unit and is tasked with the detection and prevention of money laundering and the financing of terrorist activities. The new, m … Read more »
We're having trouble retrieving the latest posts for this blog - please visit the blog directly to see what's new.