Information About Privacy and Data Security Law
Below is a preview of the five most recent posts from the blog Privacy and Data Security Law. To read these posts in their entirely or subscribe to future updates from this blog, please visit their website!
- Stretching the boundaries through artificial intelligence: the European proposal for a dedicated regulation. The protection of personal data.
Artificial intelligence feeds on data: both personal and non-personal. It is no coincidence, therefore, that the European Commission’s “Proposal for a Regulation laying down harmonized rules on Artificial Intelligence”, published on April 21, 2021 (the Proposal), has several points of contact with t … Read more »
- Stretching the boundaries through artificial intelligence: the European proposal for a dedicated regulation. A risk-based perspective.
A wide scope of application. The European Commission’s “Proposal for a Regulation laying down harmonized rules on Artificial Intelligence”, published on April 21, 2021 (the proposal) represents an opportunity to reaffirm the role of the European Union in defining global standards and promoting the d … Read more »
- Dentons artificial intelligence (AI) survey
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is one of the most transformative technologies that we have ever experienced. Yet, the deployment of AI continues to raise legal and ethical questions that institutions are struggling to solve, with a continuous effort to regulate without over-regulating. Are businesses … Read more »
- The new SCCs and what you need to know
Dentons Privacy Community met on 7 and 28 July 2021 to discuss how to implement the new Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission. As we return from our summer breaks and head into the busy autumn period, we share some of the key takeaways from these two Community events to h … Read more »
- Processing of riders’ personal data ̶ The Italian Data Protection Authority sanctions a food delivery company
On July 5, 2021, the Italian supervisory authority (“Garante”) published an injunction against a company operating a food delivery app (“Company”) over the processing of riders’ personal data with respect to the use of algorithms for the management of the orders. The decision imposed on the Company: … Read more »