Information About Canadian Legal History Blog
Below is a preview of the five most recent posts from the blog Canadian Legal History Blog. To read these posts in their entirely or subscribe to future updates from this blog, please visit their website!
- Osgoode Society Zoom event Wednesday Jan 20 at 5:30 pm
During the first few months of 2021 the Osgoode Society will be putting on a series of ZOOM events, covering various themes including Diversity and the Law in Canadian Legal History. The schedule is currently a work in progress, but the first such event will be held on Wednesday January 20th, at 5.3 … Read more »
- Are you interested in history of black labour and the law in late 18th century Canada? Or the medical-legal history of "certification" of insanity?
Upcoming Events Join us for an Evening of Canadian Legal History Spots still available November 18, 2020 at 5:30 via Zoom This event will explore the work of our 2019 McMurtry Fellowship recipients. Anna Jarvis, Black labour, loyalism, and the law in late eighteenth-century British North Amer … Read more »
- Bohaker, Doodem and Council Fire to be published at the end of the month
We are pleased to announce that this year our members’ book, Doodem and Council Fire: Anishinaabe Governance Through Alliance by Heidi Bohaker, is scheduled to be published at the end of this month. If you are a member the book will be sent to you automatically.Not only is this book an exhaustively … Read more »
- Tenure stream appointment at Dal in Canadian History with Justice, Law and Society focus
h/t Shirley Tillotson Assistant Professor of Canadian History Posting Number F142P Tenure Stream Department/Unit History Location Halifax About the opportunity: The Department of History at Dalhousie University invites applications from junior academics for an early-career tenure-stream position in … Read more »
- Legal Histories of Empire Symposium, 30/31 October 2020, by zoom: time dependent on time zone, free but registration required
h/t Lyndsay Campbell Legal Histories of Empire Symposium: Rohit De and Catherine Evans Posted on October 15, 2020by anzlhswebsite Please join us for the first of several planned symposia in 2020 and 2021 for Legal Histories of Empire and for the celebration of a special birthday of the founder of th … Read more »