Information About Canadian Law of Work Forum
Below is a preview of the five most recent posts from the blog Canadian Law of Work Forum. To read these posts in their entirely or subscribe to future updates from this blog, please visit their website!
- Ontario’s Infectious Disease Emergency Leave and the Common Law
By Brian Langille and Saambavi Mano (University of Toronto, Faculty of Law) Taylor v Hanley Hospitality… Read more »
- Banning Orders: Should Persistent Labour Standards Violators Be Denied the Right to Run a Business?
Written by David Doorey, York University I’m intrigued by a New Zealand law, introduced in 2016,… Read more »
- Dispelling Common Assumptions about Employees’ Legal Right to Sick Pay
Written by Professor Brian Langille and Saambavi Mano (3L), University of Toronto Faculty of Law In these… Read more »
- How New Zealand’s New Sectoral Collective Bargaining Model Would Work in Canada
Written by David Doorey, York University New Zealand’s government is in the news for more than… Read more »
- What Does Uber’s Decision to Treat Drivers as ‘Workers’ in UK Mean for Canada?
Written by David Doorey, York University Yesterday Uber announced to great fanfare that it intended to… Read more »