Information About Pink Larkin
- Nova Scotia Court of Appeal Releases Ground-breaking Decision regarding the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, Awards Largest Human Rights General Damages Award in Canadian History
Today, the Nova Scotia Court of Appeal released a ground breaking decision regarding the rights of persons with disabilities, Disability Rights Coalition v Nova Scotia (Attorney General), 2021 NSCA 70. The Court of Appeal found that the Province of Nova Scotia did discriminate against three individu … Read more »
- Thirteen Pink Larkin Lawyers Named in Best Lawyers 2022
Thirteen of Pink Larkin’s lawyers have been selected by their peers to be featured in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada. They have been recognized across 17 practice areas. We are pleased to congratulate our lawyers for their recognition: Michael Blades in Corporate and Commercial Litig … Read more »
- Pink Larkin Warmly Congratulates Linda Keddy on her Retirement!
It is hard to believe that today marks Linda Keddy’s last day at Pink Larkin. Linda is the firm’s longest-serving employee. She has been the firm’s Librarian and Director of Research for over 31 years, and also worked closely with the firm’s founding partners for another 9 years at our predecessor f … Read more »
- The ACT Matrix – A Trauma Informed Way to Resolve Disputes
By Ronald Pizzo and Dr. Dayna Lee-Bagley Humans have a biological need for connection. We are social beings. Our nature is to interact and form relationships with others. We are also wired to survive. We are always on the alert for cues that it is not safe to connect, such as in the presence of con … Read more »
- Not-for-Profits and Charities – Facing Reality: Is it Time to Wind Down?
The current economic environment, exacerbated by the ongoing Covid crisis, has placed many businesses of all sizes, including not-for-profits and charities, in precarious, if not seemingly hopeless operational positions. How does one know whether to keep up the fight, or whether it is time to execut … Read more »