Information About McCarthy Tétrault Employer Advisor
Below is a preview of the five most recent posts from the blog McCarthy Tétrault Employer Advisor. To read these posts in their entirely or subscribe to future updates from this blog, please visit their website!
- Alberta Court of Appeal confirms directors potentially liable for injuries suffered on job site
The ABCA recently confirmed that a director can be held liable for a workplace accident where the director had a certain degree of participation in the incident. Read more »
- “Good News” Legislation for Employers Passes: What You Need to Know About Bill 66
Bill 66, the Restoring Ontario’s Competitiveness Act, received Royal Assent on April 3, 2019. Read more »
- Federal Budget Changes Affecting Employment
- The AHRC has established the Case Inventory Resolution Program in an effort to reduce backlog
The Alberta Human Rights Commission has established the Case Inventory Resolution Program in an effort to reduce backlog. Read more »
- Cannabis in the Workplace: “If the Employer Cannot Measure Impairment, it Cannot Manage Risk”
Absent accurate methods for testing impairment from cannabis use, employers may not be required to accept the risks of potential impairment in workplaces. Read more »
We're having trouble retrieving the latest posts for this blog - please visit the blog directly to see what's new.