Information About McCarthy Tétrault Employer Advisor
Below is a preview of the five most recent posts from the blog McCarthy Tétrault Employer Advisor. To read these posts in their entirely or subscribe to future updates from this blog, please visit their website!
- Are You Reporting Potentially Serious Incidents?
Alberta employers must report potentially serious incidents to OHS. Determining whether an event is a PSI or not requires careful consideration of a number of factors. Read more »
- Federal Government Releases Expert Report on Modern Labour Standards
Dizzying pace of changes to federal labour and employment laws expected to continue, as Government-appointed Expert Panel recommends further upheaval. Read more »
- Coronavirus – Advice for Employers Preparing for the Worst
With lessons learned from previous health scares such as SARS, employers should consider what steps, if any, they may need to take if the current situation escalates. Read more »
- Full and Final Release Upheld by the HRTO
The Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario confirms that when executed properly, a signed release functions to protect employers from a former employee pursing legal action. Read more »
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeal Tribunal Renders Action for Constructive Dismissal Statute Barred
WSIAT renders action for constructive dismissal statue barred where the claim is in essence a workplace chronic mental stress claim. Read more »