Information About Moly Law Blog
- You can’t handle the truth!: Can my employer sue me for libel or defamation if I claim wrongful dismissal or discrimination?
Libel or defamation claims are at the top of some employees’ lists of fears when they consider taking action against their boss. As a general rule, an employer can’t sue you for libel or defamation just for suing them or filing a human rights complaint against them. After all, even if your lawsuit s … Read more »
- Los derechos de los trabajadores migrantes: ¿de qué manera la ley de Ontario protege a los trabajadores temporales extranjeros?
Son diversas las leyes canadienses que rigen los derechos de los trabajadores migrantes. Las disposiciones sobre inmigración, las normas laborales, las leyes laborales, los reglamentos sobre salud y seguridad ocupacional, así como los contratos y el “derecho consuetudinario”, todos ellos afectan los … Read more »
- Let’s Get it On: The Basics of Workplace Dating and Office Romance
So, you want to try workplace dating? Well workplace pressures are already significant. Tight deadlines and office politics can be mentally draining. On top of that, the long work hours can be overbearing. So why make it more complicated? In your case, maybe you want to ask your cute co-worker out f … Read more »
- NEWS: Molyneaux Law Supports School Board in Stand Against Workplace Violence and Abuse in Ontario Schools
Sarah Molyneaux, together with co-counsel Eric del Junco, successfully defended a local school board against allegations that it discriminated against a child on the basis of disability in a highly publicized expulsion last year. The school board argued that it had made every effort to accommodate t … Read more »
- What to do when childcare needs and work schedules conflict (and what not to do): Parental Status Discrimination Guidance from Peternel v Custom Granite
What should an employee do if their childcare needs conflict with their work schedule? Employees with childcare obligations have a right to be accommodated in the workplace, but employees need to be aware of the limitations on that right and their role in the accommodation process. A recent Ontario … Read more »