Information About Legal Post Blog
- Your ex gets a raise after you divorce? You might be in line for tens of thousands more
One of the most controversial, difficult and most-litigated issues in family law across Canada is the extent to which a payer of spousal support will be required to share any post-separation increases in income with the support recipient. That issue was squarely before the BC Court of Appeal in a de … Read more »
- Lessons for employers looking to fire employees can be expensive
Blindly playing hardball inevitably boomerangs, a message that a former senior executive eloquently delivered to a small Ontario manufacturing company. Scott Ruston was a seasoned sales professional who had risen through the ranks to become president of Sarnia, Ont.-based Keddco Manufacturing, which … Read more »
- City of Baltimore sues Stronach Group in bid to keep Preakness at storied track
The City of Baltimore has filed a lawsuit seeking to seize control of one of the Stronach Group’s signature horse-racing tracks, alleging that the Canadian firm has underinvested in the facility and may be trying to move its most prestigious event to another venue. The complaint filed in Baltimore C … Read more »
- Lawyer who advised client to invest in fund that turned out to be Ponzi scheme responsible for millions in losses: Supreme Court
A lawyer who repeatedly recommended that a client invest with a Montreal-based firm that was later revealed to be running a Ponzi scheme is responsible for his client’s losses, the Supreme Court of Canada ruled last week. In a Feb. 28 decision, Canada’s top court found that lawyer Kenneth Salomon an … Read more »
- Does Jody Wilson-Raybould owe Canadians the truth?
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s attorney-client privilege with former AG Jody Wilson-Raybould has been floated around, but what does that actually mean? Criminal lawyer Edward Prutschi speaks with host Larysa Harapyn.Read more »
We're having trouble retrieving the latest posts for this blog - please visit the blog directly to see what's new.