Information About Legal Post Blog
- Can I refuse to attend work on health and safety grounds and still collect CERB?
Over the past few weeks, I have received an unprecedented number of inquiries from employees about their eligibility for employment insurance and the new benefits being hastily rolled out by Ottawa. Read More … Read more »
- Can I be laid off during the coronavirus crisis?
In 41 years of practice, I have never encountered this degree of palpable fear. It’s no longer just fear of COVID-19, as economic fear may have become even more pronounced. Read More … Read more »
- Howard Levitt: Why social distancing should be mandated by law in the workplace — not just in parks
John Tory, the frustrated mayor of Toronto, said he will be “turning up the heat” as he signed a new by-law requiring people to stay two metres apart from one another in city parks and public squares. Read More … Read more »
- Can I refuse to go to work because of COVID-19 concerns? Will I be paid?
There was considerable consternation in the employer community in response to my column last week. Read More … Read more »
- I want to pay my employees the 75% provided by the government, but no more. Can I?
When the coronavirus crisis ends, many “laid off” employees will never be recalled. Read More … Read more »