Information About Legal Post Blog
- Here’s why some self-employed contractors can sue their ’employers’ for dismissal
I often have doctors contacting me, believing that they have been fired, not because they were dismissed from actual employment but because they had their hospital privileges revoked or substantially altered. Such doctors can recover awards against which normal dismissal awards palpably pale in comp … Read more »
- Location really is everything when it comes to dividing family property amid bankruptcy
Resolving the way a separated couple’s property is dealt with can be complicated, but it gets even more complex if one of the spouses declares bankruptcy after separation. Read More … Read more »
- One in five Canadians suffers from mental stress. So why are mental disability claims so frequently denied?
Canadian workplaces are riddled with depression and anxiety. In any given year, one in five Canadians suffers a mental health issue. This is further exacerbated by dismissal. Even our Supreme Court has recognized that losing one’s job often represents losing one’s identity. Read More … Read more »
- Coronavirus conundrum: Two of my employees just returned from China. Can I ask them to stay home?
What should Canadian employers do to ensure that the coronavirus does not spread through their workplaces? Read More … Read more »
- Howard Levitt: I wouldn’t recommend my profession to anyone anymore. Here’s why
The end of a decade and commencement of a new one leads me to reflect on the fate and prospects of my own field. Read More … Read more »