Information About Gold’s Legal Minute
- Senior: Going From a Worker to Unworkable – What Then?*
Gold’s Legal Minute*GLM* By Allan Gold lawyer Montreal and elder law attorney Vol. 14, #8 – Sept. 30, 2023 OPENING Work is generally good for physical and mental health and well-being. In contrast, worklessness is associated with poorer physical and mental health and well-being. Since a job takes up … Read more »
- CANADIAN BUSINESS OWNERS: – Deadline Approaching for Intergenerational Transfer – Time is Running Out!**
1,2 Gold’s Legal Minute*GLM* By Allan Gold, lawyer Montreal and elder law attorney Vol. 14, #7 – August 31, 2023 OPENING Let’s get back to business! You’re a Canadian entrepreneur. You were observant and saw an unfulfilled demand in the market place. You launched your company. You worked hard. You … Read more »
- Mercy Killer Guilty BUT “They Shoot Horses, Don’t They?” (a reaction to the David Hunter decision)
>>Mercy Killer Guilty BUT “They Shoot Horses, Don’t They?” I say, “Since Carter, new legislation, Canada should adjust the law on euthanasia.” … Read more »
- Eldercare / Legal Incapacity : This Family Feud Might Invade Office/Boardroom!
>>Today, I’m going to tackle the daunting problem of Eldercare/Legal Incapacity. More particularly, I’m speaking about the legal tug-of-war which might erupt between a senior, relatives, partners /major shareholders, etc. when there’s an aging business founder-owner in declining health. At it’s … Read more »
- “Mental disorder – Medical Assistance in Dying (MAiD) for those whose sole underlying medical condition is a mental illness?” There’s a quote attributed to anthropologist Margaret Mead.
Gold’s Legal Minute*GLM* By Allan Gold, lawyer Montreal and elder law attorney Vol. 14, #4 – June 28, 2023 I must raise a point of order. I’m a lawyer Montreal, elder law attorney, passionate about the well-being of seniors. I have something important to add to my previous post titled, “Mental disor … Read more »