Information About Global Workplace Insider
Below is a preview of the five most recent posts from the blog Global Workplace Insider. To read these posts in their entirely or subscribe to future updates from this blog, please visit their website!
- “Quiet quitting” has been included in Collins Dictionary’s top 10 words of the year for 2022 – but what is it?
For most, a contract of employment (or similar written terms of employment) and job description will set out the terms and conditions of the working relationship with their employer. Among other things, it will include the individual’s contractual hours of work and may include the scope of their du … Read more »
- Implementing the Respect@Work report recommendations
This article is co-authored by Jessica Kamleh and Artemis Sfendourakis Embarking on fulfilment of its election promise to implement all 55 recommendations made by Sex Discrimination Commissioner Kate Jenkins in the Respect@Work report (Report), the Federal Labor government introduced the Anti-Discri … Read more »
- Proposed Revision to Independent Contractor Classification Rules under the FLSA
The U.S. Department of Labor has recently unveiled proposed revisions to Wage and Hour Division regulations regarding employee and independent contractor classification under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The stated intention of this change is to be more consistent with judicial precedent and … Read more »
- Commentaire sur la décision Gélinas c. Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST) : Un recours collectif autorisé contre la CNESST
Résumé La Cour supérieure (la « Cour ») a autorisé l’exercice d’une action collective entreprise au nom de tout bénéficiaire, y compris ses ayants droit, ses successeurs et ses héritiers, ayant été indemnisé en vertu de la Loi sur les accidents du travail et les maladies professionnelles (« LATMP … Read more »
- Monitoring and Management Tech is on the NLRB’s Radar
On October 31, 2022 the General Counsel of the National Labor Relations Board released a memo urging the Board to adopt a “new framework” for protecting employees from “intrusive or abusive” forms of electronic monitoring and automated management technologies that interfere with employee rights to s … Read more »