Information About Canadian M&A Perspectives
Below is a preview of the five most recent posts from the blog Canadian M&A Perspectives. To read these posts in their entirely or subscribe to future updates from this blog, please visit their website!
- Have recent cases imposed a duty to negotiate in good faith?
Two recent decisions from courts in Ontario and Saskatchewan merit a closer look at when a party may have a pre-contractual duty to negotiate in good faith. Read more »
- What’s happening in shareholder activism in Canada?
Many pundits have attempted to predict the impact of COVID-19 on shareholder activism. Read more »
- Restructuring of Investissement Quebec Aimed to Increase Foreign Investment in Quebec and Increase Number of SMEs
The National Assembly of Québec adopted Bill 27, for restructuring of Québec Ministry of Economic Development, Innovation and Export Trade and Investissement Québec. Read more »
- Diversity and Inclusivity in the Private Capital Industry – New Benchmark Report Released
The Canadian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association and BDC Capital release a new benchmark report on the current state of diversity and inclusivity in the privat Read more »
- Protecting a Vendor’s Privilege in M&A Sale Transactions
Delaware Court of Chancery addresses the circumstances in which a target company’s legal privilege belongs to the purchaser after a sale transaction. Read more »