Information About Canadian Law of Work Forum
Below is a preview of the five most recent posts from the blog Canadian Law of Work Forum. To read these posts in their entirely or subscribe to future updates from this blog, please visit their website!
- One-Day Wildcat Strike by Alberta Health Workers Likely Just the Beginning
Written by Jason Foster and Bob Barnetson, Athabasca University Albertans woke up on Monday October 26… Read more »
- Dispatches from Canada on the Big California Uber Decision
Written by David Doorey, York University Yesterday, the California Court of Appeal upheld an injunction against… Read more »
- Matthews v Ocean Nutrition: SCC Upping the Ante for Contractual Interpretation in Employment Contracts
Written by Kate Ross, Associate, Barteaux Labour and Employers Inc in Halifax, co-counsel along with Mary Rolf and Nancy F.… Read more »
- Case Summary and Comment on David Matthews v. Ocean Nutrition Canada Ltd.
Written by Katie Brack, Kelly Santini LLP, Ottawa Last Friday, the Supreme Court of Canada (“SCC”)… Read more »
- Matthews v. Ocean Nutrition, A SCC Primer: Can an employee claim a bonus that vests during a common law notice period?
Written by Kent Wakely, Osgoode Hall Law School, Class of 2020 The Supreme Court of Canada… Read more »