Information About Canadian Law of Work Forum
Below is a preview of the five most recent posts from the blog Canadian Law of Work Forum. To read these posts in their entirely or subscribe to future updates from this blog, please visit their website!
- What Does Uber’s Decision to Treat Drivers as ‘Workers’ in UK Mean for Canada?
Written by David Doorey, York University Yesterday Uber announced to great fanfare that it intended to… Read more »
- Kovintharajah v. Paragon Linen & Laundry: When Failure to Accommodate Child Care Needs is “Family Status” Discrimination
Written by Richa Sandill, Staff Lawyer, Scarborough Community Legal Services In its recent decision of Kovintharajah… Read more »
- The Striking Absence of Freedom of Association in Landlord and Tenant Law
Written by David Doorey, York University Tenants have formed and joined Tenants’ Associations hoping to bargain… Read more »
- Real Pleadings: Has Uber Created a New Service to Avoid Unionization?
Thanks for labour lawyers Brendan McCutchen and Michael Wright of the law firm Wright Henry in… Read more »
- Flores v Scotlynn Sweetpac Growers Inc.: Migrant Workers During COVID-19 and Lessons Learned
Written by Justine Wong, 3L, University of Ottawa Law The Ontario Labour Relations Board (OLRB) recently… Read more »