Information About Canadian Appeals Monitor
Below is a preview of the five most recent posts from the blog Canadian Appeals Monitor. To read these posts in their entirely or subscribe to future updates from this blog, please visit their website!
- Free speech on campus is subject to the Charter — but only in Alberta
- The Ontario government’s “Student Choice Initiative” is heading to the province’s highest court
On November 21, 2019, in Canadian Federation of Students v. Ontario (Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities), a three-judge panel of the Divisional Court quashed Read more »
- The Supreme Court of Canada simplifies the standard of review analysis in historic Super Bowl trilogy
- Impact of Returns of Capital on Interest Deductibility: SCC Denies Leave in Van Steenis
- A Question of Attribution: UK Supreme Court Clarifies Law on the Illegality Defence and the Quincecare Duty Owed By Financial Institutions