Information About Canadian Appeals Monitor
Below is a preview of the five most recent posts from the blog Canadian Appeals Monitor. To read these posts in their entirely or subscribe to future updates from this blog, please visit their website!
- Fit to be Tried? Supreme Court of Canada Rules on Certification of Competition Class Actions
Today, the Supreme Court of Canada released the highly-anticipated decision in Pioneer Corp. v. Godfrey, addressing a number of issues important to how Canadian courts wi Read more »
- Keeping Things in Context: B.C. Court of Appeal Considers the Roles of Context and Public Debate in Defamation Cases
- Is the Plaintiff’s Motive to Sue Relevant? The Court of Appeal Says Probably Not
- Gro-Bark v. Eacom Timber: A Note on Sufficiency of Reasons
- M&A Disputes: When will a corporation be liable for an officer’s or director’s fraud? Supreme Court provides new guidance