Information About Canadian Appeals Monitor
Below is a preview of the five most recent posts from the blog Canadian Appeals Monitor. To read these posts in their entirely or subscribe to future updates from this blog, please visit their website!
- Can Amazon be Strictly Liable for Defects in the Products Sold Through its Website? A U.S. Appeals Court Says “Yes”
- On the Basis of Text: SCOTUS Deals Victory for LGBTQ Rights Through the Words on the Page
- The Ties which Do Not Always Bind
- 2019 Year in Review at the Supreme Court of Canada
2019 was another landmark year at the Supreme Court of Canada. The Court revisited the framework for administrative law, interpreted important laws defining citizens’ rights and obligations, and reaffirmed fundamental tenets of freedom and democracy that help define who we are as a Canadian society. … Read more »
- Court of Appeal Applies But For Causation in Fiduciary Duty Claim