Information About Canada Employment & Labour Law Blog
Below is a preview of the five most recent posts from the blog Canada Employment & Labour Law Blog. To read these posts in their entirely or subscribe to future updates from this blog, please visit their website!
- Retracted Resignation’s Impact on Termination Notice Period – The Ontario Court of Appeal Rules in Theberge-Lindsay v. 3395022 Canada Inc. (Kutcher Dentistry Professional Corporation)
In this decision, the Ontario Court of Appeal considered the effect of an employee’s resignation and re-employment in a wrongful dismissal case. Jasmine Theberge-Lindsay, the respondent, began working in the appellant Dr. Kutcher’s dental practice as a hygienist in 1993. Dr. Kutcher restructured h … Read more »
- Minken Employment Lawyers Finalists in the Canadian HR Awards — Labour & Employment Law Boutique of the Year!
Once again Minken Employment Lawyers has been nominated and selected as a Finalist in the annual Canadian HR Awards for Labour & Employment Law Boutique of the Year! Now in its sixth year, the Canadian HR Awards has become the biggest and most prestigious showcase of excellence in the Canadian human … Read more »
- Annual TD Markham Jazz Festival August 16 to 18, 2019
Date: August 16-18, 2019 Location: Historic Main Street Unionville Minken Employment Lawyers present bassist, singer and composer Brandi Disterheft at the TD Markham Jazz Festival on the final night, Sunday, August 18th, 5pm at the Millenium Bandstand. The Markham Jazz Festival returns for its 22nd … Read more »
- Welcome to Minken Employment Lawyers
Our Exclusive Focus Minken Employment Lawyers provides expert legal services, both locally and abroad, on a full range of Canadian workplace issues. As a boutique firm, we practice employment law exclusively and have over 30 years of experience in guiding both employers and employees. For a full lis … Read more »
- Nagribianko v. Select Wine Merchants Ltd.: Court of Appeal on the Meaning of Probation Period
Employers generally owe their employees common law reasonable notice upon termination without cause. When the parties agree to a probationary period in an employment contract, however, the right to common law reasonable notice can be ousted if the employee is terminated within the probationary per … Read more »