Information About Bonn Law Office Blawg
- Support for Employers and Employees in the Wake of COVID-19
It is trite to say, but we are in an unprecedented time for everyone right now in Canada. For everyone’s safety, businesses are closed and we have been instructed to stay inside and not come within 6 feet of our neighbours. We are seeing big changes in our everyday lives. Both the federal and provi … Read more »
- What Can You Do After Being Fired Without Cause In Ontario? Your Head Might Be Spinning, But Understanding Your Rights And Your Employer's Obligations Is The First Step Forward.
You arrive at work just like you have every other day for the last ten years. You sit down at your desk and fire up your computer, ready for another super-productive day. Before you get yourself logged in, the boss calls and asks you to come over to her office. You arrive, and seated beside her is t … Read more »
- Ontario Auto Insurance Companies Hike Rates Once Again and Injured Drivers Get Less
Two stories in the news this week offer an illuminating juxtaposition of auto insurance in Ontario. They show that the system is out of balance for the benefit of insurance companies and at the expense of Ontario citizens. … Read more »
- Important B.C. Case Decides Working Through A Disability Should Not Affect Entitlement To Long-Term Disability Benefits
An important long-term disability case out of B.C. clarifies when a disabled worker will be entitled to disability benefits and answers a number of difficult questions. In the case of Tanious v. Empire Life, 2016 BCSC 110, Justice Brown ruled that just because Ms. Tanious continued to work with her … Read more »
- When You are Hurt Playing Sports – Can You Sue?
Hockey is ubiquitous in Canada and sacred to many Canadians. Adult recreational leagues are in every community of every size. I have played hockey since I was five years old and only stopped a couple of years ago when I was forty-three due the time constraints of being a lawyer and having a young fa … Read more »